Kathy Newby is a career event professional. She started in 1986 managing and executing trade shows in the orthodontic industry and then quickly moved to the production and rental side of special events.
Her expertise lies in venue transformation, logistics, and creating a seamless full-service event experience. Kathy’s comfortable style and broad
range of event knowledge are well suited for social and corporate clientele requiring a high level of privacy and discretion. Kathy’s accomplishments range from celebrity weddings and professional sports events to cultural celebrations and gala
• The weddings of San Francisco Giant Barry Bonds and TV personality Courtney Cox
• Special ticket holder events for The San Francisco 49ers
• National Football League (NFL) Pro Bowl Tailgate parties for 3,500+ fans in Hawaii
• Logistics and event design for:
• Stanford University Commencement Ceremonies - Stanford, CA
• Former First Lady Nancy Reagan’s Dress Exhibit at the Ronald Reagan Library - Simi Valley, CA
• The opening of the new Teel Family Pavilion at the Crocker Museum in Sacramento, CA
• The Grand Opening of Terminal B at the Sacramento International Airport - Sacramento, CA
• The Former President of the country of Estonia, Toomas Hendrik Ilves
• Hip-Hop artist, NAS
• Former US Secretary of State, Penny Pritzker
• Media Mogul, Oprah Winfrey
• Recording Artist and Fashion Designer, Kanye West
• Chairman and Chief Executive of Condé Nast International, Jonathan Newhouse
• Private screenings of the movies Queen of Katwe and I Am Not Your Negro
Kathy spoke at The Special Event Conference in Long Beach, CA - in 2017 and slated to speak again in 2018;
Eventworld, (ILEA) annual convention, in Hawaii, 2006 and St. Petersburg Florida, 2008. She has also presented numerous time for industry associations such as NACE, ABC. Kathy has been published in Special Events Magazine:
“A New Take on Dividing Tent Space”, Dec. 2007, “Stretching Rentals Budgets”, Feb. 2009 and “The ILEA Esprit Awards: A Chance to Learn and Grow”, Jan. 2014.
Kathy is currently a member of the International Live Events Association (ILEA), the Wedding International Professionals Association (WIPA). She served as President of the ILEA Northern California Chapter, Vice President of the ILEA Western Region, and International Chair for the ILEA Esprit Awards all for 2 consecutive terms, as well as serving on several ILEA international committees and task forces. Kathy has also been a member of National Association of Catering & Events (NACE) and serves on the Planning Committee for the Bay Area Wedding Network (BAWN).
Kathy received the designation as a Certified Event Rental Professional (CERP) from the American Rental Association in 2015.
She has been honored with numerous prestigious awards & honors:
• Mettle Attitude Award winner - ISES
• Two-time recipient of Heart and Soul Award for Outstanding ILEANCC Chapter Leadership
• Member of the Year - ILEA Napa-Sonoma Chapter
• 2012 President’s Award - NACE Sacramento
• 2015 ILEA Esprit Award – Best Event Volunteer Collaboration
• Special Events Magazine Advisory Board 2015-2018
• Student Event Planners Association (SEPA) Advisory Board & Mentor